TRANSPORT PLANNER MINSK (BY)
CODOGNOTTO GROUP is an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding enterprise present and active in 20 countries worldwide, providing road freight, rail freight, air & ocean, integrated logistics and intermodal transport services across the globe, and successfully executing 250.000 shipments every year. From a family-owned business founded more than 70 years ago, to the multinational corporate Group of today, our vision remains the same: matching the market needs and challenges with the most modern solutions, brought by a motivated staff of 1000 professionals operating in 40+ operational units in Europe, Belarus, India, UAE and Singapore.
In our branch located in Minsk (BY), he/she will report to the Branch Manager.
The Transport planner reports to the Team Leader/Branch Manager. His/her role consists in creating and maintaining strategic partnerships with hauliers and transport providers in order to fulfil the capacity needed on the assigned corridors, and constantly ensure the smooth and flawless execution of all transport requests, so that client SLAs are accomplished, and targets achieved. Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company, combining shipments based on their routes and timeline to minimize how many trucks and trailers. Determine the best delivery methods and negotiate rates directly with suppliers.
- Manage the day-to-day planning and running of the fleet;
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the fast-moving transport industry;
- Understanding and comply with the customers’ requirements and maintaining a very high service level;
- Ensure all movements are completed to the customer’s satisfaction;
- Minimising journey cost and overall delivery costs;
- Reload/Back Load optimum planning;
- Dealing with all hauliers in respect of allocating work for delivery and collection;
- Identify potential subcontractors;
- Utilizing our computerized system to input jobs for our customers and dispatching to drivers/hauliers;
- Knowledge of freight exchange platforms (Timocom, Trans, Teleroute, Transporeon etc.);
- Understanding driver compliance and tachograph legislation and working within the parameters to ensure the safe working of our hauliers;
- Liaising with the workshop manager with reference to breakdowns and vehicle maintenance schedules;
- Managing and checking of haulier documents and licences to ensure they meet the companies policies;
- Updating and maintaining online portals along with assisting the hauliers with drivers apps in order to meet customer requirements;
- Guarantee time-effective communications with clients, sales departments or other Company units in case of delays or problems with collections or deliveries.
- Team worker, with exceptional organizational skills, quick at calculating and estimating, negotiator, transforms stress into bursts of energy, never sees problems but challenges to tackle or learn from, calls it a day only when everything has been fixed, solved or addressed;
- 2 years of operational experience in round trip as International FTL Traffic Planner/Fleet Dispatcher/Transport Manager as a plus, but candidates without experience will be considered;
- Fluent English and Polish are mandatory, Italian language would be a plus;
- Computer literate;
- Good attention to detail.
Remuneration based on the experience gained and professional growth prospects in line with the undertaken path.
Location: Minsk, (BY)
Get in contact with us by sending your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 15th of May