European Transport Planner_UK
rif: FTL Operations_UK
The Transport planner reports to the Branch Manager. His/her role consists in creating and maintaining strategic partnerships with hauliers and transport providers in order to fulfil the capacity needed on the assigned corridors, and constantly ensure the smooth and flawless execution of all transport requests, so that client SLAs are accomplished, and targets achieved. Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company, combining shipments based on their routes and timeline to minimize how many trucks and trailers. Determine the best delivery methods and negotiate rates directly with suppliers.
- At least 2 years of operational experience in running trucks on a round trip basis as International FTL Traffic Planner/Fleet Dispatcher/Transport Manager;
- Fluent English and preferred German or other EU languages would be a plus;
- Good geographical knowledge of Europe, especially UK and Germany;
- European planning experience and knowledgeable on customs;
- Good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in trailer planning;
- An understanding of compliance within the transport industry;
- Ability to build positive working relations with customers, suppliers and colleagues;
- Good financial awareness;
- Must be IT literate (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel);
- The ability to working under pressure within a busy transport office;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of freight exchange platforms;
- Understanding driver compliance and tachograph legislation and working within the parameters to ensure the safe working of our hauliers.
- European export trailer planning of full loads;
- Ensure the service level expected by customers are met, but at the same time ensure cost effective transports are arranged;
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements;
- Liaise with customers and communicate with drivers and hauliers;
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas;
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment;
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness;
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via Teams, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures;
- In conjunction with other colleagues, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources available;
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements;
- Provide quotes for customers;
- Work extensively to reduce late deliveries;
- Ensure that all manual planning is done to an exceptional standard.
Salary: permanent employment contract is offered, with remuneration based on the experience gained and professional growth prospects in line with the undertaken path.
Location: Stratford, London UK
Get in contact with us by sending your CV at email@example.com .
Application deadline: 31st of March